Thursday, December 02, 2010

Challenge Challenges

**
Alternate title: I LOVE MY BED!

I like winter. I do. Really. I like snow (for the first ten showers or so, the on Christmas Eve/Day/Boxing Day and NYE, but then I'm over it). I like chilly weather (but not wind). I like boots and scarves and mittens and sweaters. I even like hats! But I absolutely cannot abide one thing:
Darkness.
Or, to be specific: Darkness In The Morning.
I really dislike opening my eyes to... well, nothing because it's freaking dark outside. Then I look over at the (still glowing) numbers on the alarm clock to discover it says something actually quite normal like "8:34". But my whole self feels like I cannot possibly leave my bed because the sky tells me it is most certainly NOT morning.

To add to the issue, I'm pretty sure I have the most comfortable bed in creation. I know lots of people thing this about their beds, but I'm serious. I've had confirmation from other people, too. I'm not shy about my bedroom, I don't mind hanging out in it, as it affords an opportunity for my bed and I to spend some quality time together with others. Everyone who has ever had a chill session on my bed has been like "dude, I don't wanna leave; your bed is so comfy" and I'm all like "I know right?"*

*This is not generally how the conversation goes down as my friends and I don't tend to speak that way. But you get the idea.

All this leads to one stunning conclusion: I am falling short of my challenge goals. I haven't been to yoga in about two weeks. I admit that last week I skipped out because I wasn't feeling well. This week, I have no excuse other than I simply don't WANT to. I AM GOING ON SUNDAY because I have a 6 hour break from work and I may as well fill half of that with yoga since going home doesn't make sense, and I won't want to return for the rest of the shift if I do.

I have, however, been eating like a hero. All veggies all the time. I'm walking a lot. I haven't been biking as much as I'd like because of the snow (slippery + darkness = ow). So here's the lowdown of how this week has played out:

Sunday:
veggies = 1 point
walk 2km = 2pts

Monday
veggies = 1 point
biking 6km = 2 points

Tuesday
veggies = 1 point

Wednesday
veggies = 1 point
walk 3km = 3 points

Thursday
veggies = 1 point
bike 6km = 2 points (this hasn't happened yet, but I'm biking to work today because it's sunny. This is actually counter productive because I'd get more points if I walk.)

Which means so far this week: 14 points. That's a long way from the 34 I'd planned for each week.

Dear self: You can do Better.
Love, Me.

**photo credit: Shawn Lovell Metalworks, BBC, Vegan Pandamonium

1 Comments:

Blogger Hunnybee said...

S-N-O-W? what is thi snow you speak of? Do I need to move neighbourhoods? We got nothing!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home