Monday, November 22, 2010

Challenge (actually) Begins


Today it rained. It rained hard and cold. This meant, to my horror, that there would be no biking today.

I had an appointment in the afternoon which ensured that yoga class was not an option, since there was no way I could get between the two on time. This meant I had to have a home work-out.

I don't know how much y'all know about me, but here's something you might not: I love structure. I like rules (so I can break them), I thrive in a goal-oriented, very focussed environment. On top of that, I can be pretty lazy. These two things together add up to one thing:
I need classes.
I need other people around. I need competition (but I can't be the worst in the room cuz I'll quit). I need a little trash talk, or motivational speaking while I'm sweating and trying really hard not to grunt because it's unattractive. Home work-outs generally do not provide these things, so I turned to my favourite alternative:
Wii Fit.
I rocked that thing for 40mins. My Wii Fit age is 24. I'm tiny shifts away from perfect balance. I'm a hoola-hoop goddess.

I am master of the step routine.

That said, I also suck at boxing, need to improve my "flying bird" skills, and could really use some work on my math (cuz yeah, they combine balance exercises with MATH now).

Of course, the system isn't perfect. It doesn't register some of my more subtle shifts (although I think some of them were on purpose; as if it couldn't seriously tell that I was doing a REALLY emphatic pelvic thrust to make the stupid numbers add up to ten. I think it was trying to embarrass me. It didn't. Take that, sucker).

Sometimes it didn't register my boxing punches, which was lame becauase I totally did them.

Nevertheless, I feel good about it. I got nearly 2000 spins in super-hoola (6mins!) and felt like a super hero. I'll stick with it.

Today's points:
40mins with Wii-Fit: 2 points
Walking 1km: 1 point
7+ v/f servings: 1 poing
Total: 4 points.
A whole weekend in a Monday. Bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home