Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Challenge Practice: Day 3

Or: Kinda lazy. Or: I pushed too far.

My calves hurt. (Why are they called calves?) A lot. They're clearly "overworked" and underpaid. Stretching is good; contracting is not. Going down stairs = no fun.

I'm going to blame running yesterday, mostly because I can but also because it's the only "unusual" thing I've been doing recently. I likely have pretty bad form, didn't use proper footwear, and the impact was probably a bit weird. It'll take some adjusting. I'm not going to stop, but I am going to be aware of what can happen.

I've also been doing about 20 calf press-ups/evening on a stair at work. I put all my weight on the balls of my feet and let my heels hang into space. I let all my weight down as far as is comfortable, stretching the muscle. The I slow press up into full releve. It's awesome.

It usually feels amazing; kinda hurts today. I think they need a rest and possibly an epsom salt bath.

Today's tally:
Pilates Mat work 20mins = 1 point
Biking 6+km = 2 points
7+ fruits/veggies = 1 point
Total = 4 points.

(I wonder if I can say 2 points for the fruit and veggie thing since I'm vegan and get twice as many as most people.)

Tomorrow is another serious biking/bikram day. I bought brussels sprouts to have for breakfast. I'm really excited.

This is starting to really work for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home