Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting a Grip

Alright friends, here's the deal. I've been lazy. Not just regular run-of-the-mill lazy, either. I've pulled lazy marathons. I'm a lazy olympian. I am the Grand Poo-Bah of laziness. Hear me roar.

That said, I still get things done. I just tend to get them done at later hours than the average person. I wake later, I stay up later. I pull an 11-ish hour work day (from 11-11, with 30mins for break and 30mins for travel). I'm tired. I'm not really eating how I should be. I'm definitely not meeting my months-ago-decided fitness goals. And let me tell you, falling short makes me feel pretty guilty. And lazy.

On the bright side: I got a rebounder for Christmas.

SO much fun. I've also rearranged the office/home workout space in such a way that the rebounder fits without having to move a bunch of furniture around. Furthermore, we got a fabulous blender so I can make superpowered smoothies in a fraction of the time it takes to cram things into the Magic Bullet (which I still love and will use to make "single servings" for on-the-go).

Plus, over the holidays I'm proud to say I stayed true to myself, ate completely vegan (minus the two asiago and artichoke puffs when I was super hungry, away from home, and feeling a little weak), avoided baked goods (all made with butter or lard), drank lots of water and herbal tea (and red wine), and rested.

So, in terms of the HBBC, the breakdown is as follows:
Sun. Dec. 19 - 5 points for a big walk, sledding, and eating veggies.
Dec. 20 - 1 point for ballet, 1 for veggies
Dec. 21 - 1 point for veggies
Dec. 22 - 1 point veggies
Dec. 23 - 1 point walking, 1 point veggies (also, this day I made vegan red velvet cupcakes which were a HUGE hit at my SIL's holiday dinner)
Dec. 24 - 1 point veggies (and mega personal points for being able to knit in the car! I've never been able to do anything in a car due to severe incapacitating motion sickness. Homeopathy: 1.)
Dec. 25 - 1 point veggies
Dec. 26 - 1 point veggies
Dec. 27 - 1 point veggies
Dec. 28 - 1 point veggies
Dec. 29 - 1 point pilates, 2 points walking, 1 point veggies

Let the rebounding begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home