Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Leaves

The times they are a-changing.

I am finally finally finally illness free, and likely purged of all remnants of Western medicine. I have resumed my previous yogic activities, gone back to work (which is nearly finished), worked on an extra credit assignment (is it extra credit if it's mandatory? It isn 't being graded...) into which I've inserted a number of appendicies. I've made plans to leave town, to visit my family with my Chosen, to visit his family, to start creating a wedding dress. I've booked plane tickets to Venice and back, have yet to book hotels. Still working on finding the time to return to that magical fairy land to complete our birch wood candle holders.

I'm settling in. I'm celebrating. I'm supporting and supported. I'm loving and being loved. I'm discovering, I'm leaving, I'm returning. I'm turning over new leaves and leaving old leaves behind, but neither crushing them to dust nor burning them in a pile.

I'm drinking coffee and eating artisan bread with honey. Cherries are still in season, plums are making their appearance. I anticipate peaches very soon. The balcony basil has grown into shrubbery. The butterfly bush is a giant who has not yet bloomed (it has been chilly). I'm surrounded by huge, beautiful, fragrant leaves.

I want to touch them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home