Thursday, July 23, 2009

All my friends are Super

Throughout the duration of the illness (which is almost over) my friends have been buttresses of support. I have had a great number of phone calls and emails making sure I have everything I need (Jim has been on top of just about everything from movies to dairy-free soup, to tea), ensuring I'm not dying of loneliness and checking to make sure I'm takiing medication and naps as required. Things seem to be improving (slowly), and I may be able to force myself to go to work tomorrow afternoon (but I promise not to if things aren't significantly better). I've spent the past four days lying in bed, half passed out, unable to concentrate on anything; maybe working will take my mind off of how much swallowing actually hurts.

Around 4 Tuesday I had a call from the front door claiming delivery for me. I was confused as I haven't been online shopping lately (at least I don't think so; it is sort of hazy around the edges). I let him in and asked him to come up cuz as IF I'm getting out of bed and going down the stairs. A nice man showed up at my door with a flower delivery from my cousin. She had called earlier in the day to collect my address claiming to be updating her book (nice ruse! I use that one too) and in the process sent me a bright orange torch flower. I have wanted one of these for some time (I'm thinking of making it one of my wedding flowers) and it's perfect. It sits at me bedside, cheering me up every time I reach for tea or throat spray.

I have the very best friends in the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home