Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Days go By

Yesterday I had a pie date with my oldest friend; that is the friend I have had for most of my life, not who is oldest in years. Before our forray into pie, I stopped by my favourite yarn boutique and found my bane: the 30% off basket.
Four skeins of 100% peruvian wool. The picture doesn't do justice to how much varigation there is in the colour, but it is mostly brown with a little red and green twisted in for excitement. Plus the added fun of seeming to carry Sideshow Bob in my sack all evening.
Here they are, four little yarn skeins all in a row, waiting to become this:
I made one for my mother for Christmas and liked the pattern so much I'm making one for myself for the fall (and for cool summer days, and for classes because there's a lot of air conditioning, and for wearing over my winter coat...).
This is what it starts out looking like. Last time, I used very lumpy yarn (it came with the kit) and didn't look like this. I think I like this more, but I can't decide.

Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home