Saturday, April 11, 2009

And now...

I would like to begin today's blog entry with a great big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" to my friend Jessica who rocks the most and deserves all the happiness that can be mustered.

I spent the past week at my mother's house and have, along with my grandmother, spent an inordinate amount of time looking at bone china, fine silverware, fluffy towels, bed linens, and crystal goblets. I am now the proud owner of an actual china cabinet, two sets of flatware, exciting new pots and pans, and am in the process of selecting a pattern. I am, officially, in full fledged bride mode.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I've actually managed to get quite a bit done (which is good considering we're just over 5 months away from the actual service). We have a place, a menu, a cake, a time-frame, a dress, a guest book, a wedding party, materials for centre-pieces and the materials to create invitations.

We still need:
A finalized guest list.
A headpiece for me.
A suit/tuxedo for Jim and his party.
Dresses for my party (but they get to pick their own within the colour scheme... shopping trip!!)
Music and a DJ.
Flowers/arrangements (sunflowers, orange gerbera daisies and redwood).
A registry.
An appointment with our proposed minister.
Legal paperwork (although this cannot be obtained until July anyway).

I finished reading Offbeat Bride and found it supremely helpful and enjoyable. I'm off to make a spreadsheet for RSVPs, cuz I hear that's helpful.

Tomorrow Jim and I are heading to his mother's for Easter after having SUNDAY BREAKFAST with our friend Lisa (my unofficial, unpaid, but greatly appreciated wedding planner). I expect to have invitations mailed before the end of this month, hell or high water.

Whatever happened to a pagan handfasting in the woods? Can I do that illegally before the actual wedding? Will anyone come to that? Please?

XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home