Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Today

Missing summer days so hot the grass could combust at my feet. The smell of the sun strong through the trees and dirt. The grass was often brown before noon. Lazing about in the clearing under the trees in fatigues and coloured sunglasses waiting for life to restart. Some of my most beautiful moments involve army boots and prickly dead grass. I never tired of olive v-necked t-shirts and pants too large to remain above my hip bones. Even belts couldn't contain them.
I was a goddess then.
Standing on a concrete corner in the blazing sun. My bright turquoise dress and matching jewelry wilting and thanking the universe for sunscreen. Only affected by the blazing sun on the asphalt I'm wishing so hard is grass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home