Thursday, February 02, 2006

Oral Surgery

I currently have 1600mg of painkiller running through my veins.
Please excuse me if this doesn't make sense: it's the only language my soft brain will understand.
I'm drooling.
I'm hurting.
My lower lip feels twice its normal size.
A quick glance in the mirror assures me I look fine.
I can't close my mouth because it hurts.
I can't talk because I lisp, and it hurts too.
My mouth tastes funny.
I have a pill stuck in my throat, but I can't drink water without taking a bath.
I'm forbidden from spitting.
The very thought of eating sends me into a throb spiral.
I'm forced to sleep with two pillows when I "retire.".
I'm not allowed to dance for three days.
The memory of the scrape haunts me.
I'm allergic to codeine.
The freezing just wore off.
Thus is my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home