Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Resolution Begins

Oh wicked day...
I spent the morning cleaning house since I knew Derrick would be popping in and I need to make a good impression after an 18 month disappearance. Greg and I did the dishes while discussing his school options. After that, I donned my cat-ear hat and pink sunglasses and was on my way.
I made a quick stop in Value Village to look for hatboxes (no luck) and vintage Disney books for my grandmother (also no luck). Then another short visit to Zellers where I had heard they had hatboxes in home storage (just not at mine). Finally, I met Derrick on the corner. I saw his place, looked at his photo albums to catch up on stuff, had a small glass of wine, met his gecko and his rat Reggie.
Derrick and I made the short jaunt to my pad, which he said he enjoyed because it's an interesting shape. Once again, photo albums were dragged out, stories were told, he met my cat.
Off to the mall with us, where he returned a bunch of gifts for his bf and I bought myself a $200 lush present (complete with HATBOX!). Afterwards, we had dinner and drinks and took ourselves home.
I spoke with Tiffany on my walk. I miss her much.
When I got home, I miraculously found Gennie on msn. That's right, phase two of my resolution has begun. We've already made a date for coffee this week, and a drink date for the beginning of next week, as it is her birthday week. I'm extremely excited.
Currently, I'm bidding on a hatbox on ebay. It comes with THREE vintage hats (which I would SO wear AND use as decor). The bidding ends tomorrow at about 1pm. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Sorry this post is a bit boring. I swear I had a tonne of fun today.
I guess you had to be there. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home