Friday, September 24, 2010

Love List


1. Coffee. I know it's acidic, habit forming, tooth-staining, ulcer-forming and all sorts of other awful. But a good hot cup of organic fairly traded bean brew is sometimes one of the happiest moments of my day.



2. Green juice. I think of it often as the counterpart to the coffee. It's generally alkaline, equally delicious, full of vitamins and minerals, easy to digest, hydrating and wonderfully vegan. I enjoy the entire process: from shopping for the right veggies, peeling, washing, and chopping, to the actual "juicing" either by machine or by hand (both of which are happily satisfying).

3. My dad (of whom I unfortunately have no digital photo. He looks quite a lot like Tom Selleck, if you want to get an idea). He always knows the right things to say, generally supports my decisions while playing devil's advocate to make sure I'm doing what I actually want. He's always ready to jump to my aid if I need him, but is polite enough to wait until I (finally) ask for help. He doesn't even mind that I'm not ready to have children even though his desire to be a grandpa is pretty huge.

4. My mom (of whom I also currently have no digital photo). We almost never have the same opinion on anything. She argues with me until I finally keep my thought to myself. She is an exercise in self control. She loves me more than anything. She dives into things with her whole self. She takes on things she doesn't always agree with just to make other people happy. She really puts herself out there to make the world a nicer place. She's a huge pile of surprise and an endless source of inspiration.


5. Kitties. I have SO MANY photos of my calicos it's a bit sickening. They snuggle me when I'm happy, sad, sick, or cold. They snuggle each other just for fun. We play, we romp, we take care of each other. They are magic.


6. New kitties. He's still adjusting to his new home, but he snuggles and cuddles and headbutts like he's been here his whole life. He doesn't mind that the others hiss at him when he tries to play; he just keeps playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home