Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Here I am

For the first time in quite a while, I am avoiding work. I don't actually BEGIN working my real job again until the 27th of this month, but I really aught to start working today if I want to get all the pre-work done. That's right, there's pre-work that I don't get paid for. Yet. I'm going to log all of the hours it took to do it and try to find away to "spruce up" my time card over the weeks to include these hours. After all, writing lesson plans isn't exactly fun or easy or quick, especially when they're for classes they're forcing me to teach with NO TRAINING!
On that note, I began a "Tap for the Absolute Beginner" last night. Nevermind that I taught tap last term with NO idea what was going on. Even this first 90 mins was extremely useful, as it gave me some vocabulary to go with the movement I was teaching. I had some of it right, and some of it dead wrong. This year, I will have a grasp of what is going on, and for this I am excited. Also, my classes are 90 mins, while the kids' classes are 30, so I'm already three lessons ahead. By the 27th, I'll be a full 12 ahead, and the term is only nine weeks! HAHA! I win! Now I need to start taking hip-hop and getting some of that down. I start that this Thursday.

Natalie is coming to visit on Friday!! I'm excited, and making a lot of plans to take her all over the city. I'm having some difficulty with Friday itself, but everything else is turning out awesome. I forget that there are so many events that happen all over the place here. There will never be a dull moment. I'm only a little disappointed that she's completely missing the Dufferin Grover Farmer's Market, as she's coming the day after, and leaving the day before. Nat, if you're reading this, anything in particular you'd like me to look for?

I can no longer avoid it; I must write lesson plans. If anyone can think of any dance games I can play with these kids, please let me know. Freeze-dance, Mr. Wolf, and the Hokey Pokey can only get a girl so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home